Perks and Pitfalls of ChatGPT, Part 1: Hathaway & Kunz Audio Blog #5
Continuing our last conversation on the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Brent Rhodes and Lucas Buckley join us today to discuss the perks and pitfalls of using ChatGPT within the legal field.
While, in some instances, ChatGPT can be a way for us to provide value to clients, it can also open the door to a vast range of inaccuracies—and it’s up to us, as legal professionals, to find the best ways to harness its unique power for good.
Hathaway & Kunz Audio Blog #5: Perks and Pitfalls of ChatGPT
In today’s episode:
- Clarifying what AI is and, more importantly, what it is not (:20)
- Pitfalls of placing blind trust in technology like ChatGPT (2:32)
- How we, as a legal community, should be considering information provided by ChatGPT and similar technologies (5:20)
- Where technologies like ChatGPT can add value for our clients (6:32)
- Why lawyers “aren’t going to be able to out-run the use of these chat bots”—and, in light of that, what we need to be considering (8:07)
- Brent’s recommendation for how to best utilize a chat bot, and what to do with the information it provides (9:26)
- Lucas’s thoughts on CoCounsel, an attorney-focused AI tool (9:56)
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out our other AI-focused audio blogs here.
To be the first to know when our next episode goes live, follow us on Linkedin.