PHONE: (307) 634-7723
FAX: (307) 634-0985
Mr. Buckley is a native of Gillette, Wyoming, and practices at Hathaway & Kunz in the areas of civil litigation, estate planning and wealth preservation, as well as real property and natural resource matters. Mr. Buckley delivers high-caliber, personalized representation by working with clients to discover their unique needs and goals in order to develop comprehensive and tailored legal advice.
Mr. Buckley also represents corporations, partnerships, and DAOs at all stages in their business lifecycle. Mr. Buckley regularly advises clients on intellectual property, privacy, and corporate finance and fundraising matters. Recognizing the importance of mutual trust between attorney and client, Mr. Buckley maintains the utmost transparency in communication. He enjoys helping clients to find a positive solution to a complex problem that has left them feeling lost.
Mr. Buckley attended law school at the University of Wyoming School of Law and has his advanced Master of Laws degree from the University of California Berkeley School of Law. Frequently appearing statewide before the Wyoming Federal District Court and State District Courts and Colorado State Courts, Mr. Buckley also appears before the Wyoming Supreme Court, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Wyoming Federal Bankruptcy Court.
- Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation
- Oil & Gas
- Real Property
- Intellectual Property
- Privacy Law
- Corporate Finance
- Law Clerk to Honorable Barton R. Voigt, Wyoming Supreme Court, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 2005–2007
Professional Leadership & Memberships
- Board of Directors, Cheyenne Depot Museum, 2009-2015
- Ewing T. Kerr, American Inns of Court
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association State Membership Chair, 2009–2012
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys, one of the Premier 100 Civil Lawyers
- LL.M., UC Berkeley School of Law, 2021
- J.D., University of Wyoming, 2005, Order of the Barristers
- B.A., Political Science, Boston University, 2002
- Wyoming Supreme Court
- Colorado Supreme Court
- U.S. District of Wyoming
- U.S. District of Colorado
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lead counsel in obtaining greater than $1,000,000 settlement in catastrophic injury case.
- Co-counsel in obtaining judgment in excess of $3,600,000 in business sale dispute.
- Co-counsel in obtaining default judgment in excess of $1,500,000 in products liability dispute.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar buyout of minority shareholder in business ownership and control dispute.
- Cleared title on dozens of parcels of real property to allow clients quiet enjoyment of surface and mineral estates.
- Counsel in successfully prosecuting multi-million dollar commercial lending disputes.