PHONE: (307) 634-7723
FAX: (307) 634-0985
Mr. Buckley is a native of Gillette, Wyoming, and practices at Hathaway & Kunz in the areas of estate and wealth planning and civil litigation—including business and commercial litigation and risk management—as well as catastrophic injury representation for both plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Buckley delivers high-caliber, personalized representation by working with clients to discover their unique needs and goals before developing a legal strategy.
Mr. Buckley is also experienced in energy and natural resource matters, including due diligence, title and land use, curative work and regulatory compliance. Recognizing the importance of mutual trust between attorney and client, Mr. Buckley maintains the utmost transparency in communication. He enjoys helping clients to find a positive solution to a complex problem that has left them feeling lost.
Frequently appearing statewide before the Wyoming State District Courts and the Colorado State Courts, Mr. Buckley also appears before the Wyoming Supreme Court, the Wyoming Federal District Court, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Wyoming Bankruptcy Court.
Mr. Buckley’s exceptional legal work has earned him a BV Distinguished rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review, as well as a designation as a Top 40 Under 40 attorney in Wyoming from the National Trial Lawyers in 2012-2015 and the Top 10 Under 40 Personal Injury Attorneys from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Administrative law
- Natural resources
- Energy law
- Law Clerk to Honorable Barton R. Voigt, Wyoming Supreme Court, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 2005–2007
Professional Leadership & Memberships
- Board of Directors, Cheyenne Depot Museum, 2009-2015
- Ewing T. Kerr, American Inns of Court
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association State Membership Chair, 2009–2012
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys, one of the Premier 100 Civil Lawyers
- J.D., University of Wyoming, 2005, Order of the Barristers
- B.A., Political Science, Boston University, 2002
- Wyoming Supreme Court
- Colorado Supreme Court
- U.S. District of Wyoming
- U.S. District of Colorado
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lead counsel in obtaining greater than $1,000,000 settlement in catastrophic injury case.
- Co-counsel in obtaining judgment in excess of $3,600,000 in business sale dispute.
- Co-counsel in obtaining default judgment in excess of $1,500,000 in products liability dispute.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar buyout of minority shareholder in business ownership and control dispute.
- Cleared title on dozens of parcels of real property to allow clients quiet enjoyment of surface and mineral estates.
- Counsel in successfully prosecuting multi-million dollar commercial lending disputes.