PHONE: (307) 634-7723
FAX: (307) 634-0985
Dr. Siepmann is Of Counsel at Hathaway & Kunz and practices in the field of intellectual property law, focusing on the areas of patent prosecution, patent licensing, intellectual property strategic planning, due diligence, legal opinions on patent matters, and general legal counseling regarding intellectual property issues. Dr. Siepmann has fifteen years of experience in intellectual property law in addition to nearly ten years of experience as a scientist. As a result of his varied experience, Dr. Siepmann excels at providing legal advice to individual inventors, start-ups, and companies of all sizes concerning the strategic application of intellectual property law to business opportunities and challenges driven by technology.
Dr. Siepmann’s experience in intellectual property law includes preparation and prosecution of patent applications, “soup to nuts” patent licensing and negotiations, preparation of patent validity, patent infringement, and freedom-to-operate opinions, and prosecution of post-grant patent actions. Dr. Siepmann has experience working at small intellectual property boutique law firms and at large general practice law firms in the US. Dr. Siepmann has also served in-house as Director of Intellectual Property at a biotechnology company in Silicon Valley and has experience operating his own business as a solo practitioner and legal consultant. Start-ups and small companies appreciate Dr. Siepmann’s depth and breadth of experience in managing the strategic prosecution of global patent portfolios, patent application drafting and filing, patent license negotiations, and his ability to provide “fit-to-purpose” legal opinions on patent matters.
*Not a member of the Wyoming State Bar. A member of the Utah State Bar, DC Bar, and a USPTO registered patent attorney.
• Strategic patent portfolio prosecution and management (biotech and chemical)
• Negotiation of IP Licenses and related agreement support (MTA, NDA, etc.)
• Patent post-grant proceedings including interferences
• Legal opinions including patent infringement, invalidity, FTO, and due diligence
• Counseling for start-ups on initial patent strategy and protection of nascent innovation
- Patent Attorney, MH2 Technology Law Group, 2016-2019
- Intellectual Property Counsel – BioPharma Law Group PLLC, 2016 to Present
- Of Counsel – Ottesen PA, 2016 to Present
- Partner, LeClairRyan, 2015-2016
- Counsel, Thompson Coburn, 2014-2015
- University of Dayton School of Law – J.D., 2001-2004
- University of Utah – Postdoctorol Fellow, Department of Chemistry, 1998 – 2001
- Medical College of Wisconsin – Ph.D., Biochemistry, 1992 – 1998
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., Biochemistry, 1988 – 1992
- District of Columbia Bar
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Utah State Bar