Phone: (307) 634-7723
Fax: (307) 634-0985
Nathan Nicholas was raised in Laramie and is a fourth generation Wyoming attorney. He has a diverse professional background ranging from robotics engineering to energy policy and corporate counsel. Nathan speaks Mandarin Chinese and has managed corporate ventures throughout China and Australasia. His broad experience ensures that clients are represented diligently, efficiently and their issues are well understood.
Nathan has a B.S. in electrical engineering with a certificate in biomedical applications from the University of Wyoming. Immediately after graduating with his bachelors in 2006, Nathan went to work for an industrial robotics company, building welding and cutting robots for the nation’s largest manufacturers. He also managed the company’s expansion into India and China.
During the financial recession, Nathan took the opportunity to attend law school. Leading up to, and during, law school, Nathan worked for an industrial construction company as a quality control manager. He also found time to earn an M.B.A during this time. Earning his M.B.A. in 2011 and Juris Doctor in 2012 from the University of Wyoming.
Recently, Nathan has been corporate counsel for an oil and gas services and technology company. In this capacity, he managed complex, multi-national litigation, corporate governance and reporting, venture finance offerings, intellectual property and corporate development for subsidiaries in Australia and China.
Outside of work, Nathan spends most of his time with his wife, Meggan, and their two young children. Nathan is a skier, mountain biker and avid weight lifter. He also maintains a hobby steel fabrication shop where he spends less time than he would like.
- Corporate Counsel and Director of Marketing, Gas Sensing Technology Corp. “WellDog,” 2015-
- Policy Advisor, The Office of Governor Matthew Mead (WY), 2013-2015
- Summer Associate, The Spence Law Firm, 2012
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Supervisor, TIC-The Industrial Company, 2009-2011
- Project Manager and Engineer, Wolf Robotics, 2006-2009
Boards and Community Service
- US Dept. of Commerce- Rocky Mountain District Export Council
- V.P. Wyoming: 2018-present
- Member: 2016-2018
- University of Wyoming International Board of Advisors
- Chairman: 2017-2019
- Member: 2014-2017
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity
- Iota Alpha House Corporation- Secretary: 2015-present
- J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming, 2012
- M.B.A., University of Wyoming College of Business, Laramie, Wyoming, 2011
- B.S., electrical engineering (biomedical certificate), Unviersity of Wyoming College of Engineering, 2006
- Wyoming Supreme Court
- MaryBeth Wegner, Grant Myers, Ph.D. and Nathan Nicholas (2018) Rediscover Your Reservoir:
How much do you really know about your reservoir? Rediscover it through Raman
Spectroscopy and drill more productive wells. GEOExPro, vol. 15, no. 6