John P. Fritz is an estate planning and transactional attorney who believes estate planning is for everyone, no matter the individual’s (or couple’s) wealth.
John focuses his practice on preparing wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, and gifting strategies to minimize estate tax liability. He also helps clients navigate probate, business organization (formation, operation, and dissolution), and real estate transactions.
Whether he’s working with you on estate planning, business organization, or real estate transactions, John dedicates himself to delivering results specifically tailored to meet your legal needs and desires.
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Business and Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Associate, Hathaway & Kunz, LLP – May 2023 to present
- Associate, Hirst Applegate, LLP. – 2020 to 2023
- Staff Attorney, Wyoming Supreme Court Justice Lynne Boomgaarden – 2019 to 2020
- University of Wyoming, College of Law, J.D. – 2019
- University of Wyoming, B.A. (Political Science, minor in Gender and Women’s Studies)
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Laramie County Community College Life Enrichment Courses on Probate, Wills, Trusts, and Gun Trusts
- Casper Community College OLLI Courses on Probate, Wills, and Trusts
- This Land Was My Land, But Now It’s Their Land, the Anthem of Adverse Possession in Wyoming, Wyoming State Bar Young Lawyers Section (June 2021)
- Wyoming Probate 101, NFTA (November 2021)
- Wyoming Probate Forms, Inventory and Tax Returns Tutorial, National Business
- Institute (December 2021)
The Wild, Wild West: The Mechanics and Potential Uses of Trust Decanting, 19 Wyo. L. Rev. 327 (2019)
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court (2019 to present)
- Southeast Wyoming Estate Planning Council, Board Member (2023 to present)
- Wyoming 211, Board Member (2022 to present)
John was born in Texas but has lived most of his life in Wyoming.
When not working, John enjoys golfing, hiking and backpacking, brewing, and most importantly, spending time with his wife, Kate, and their dog, Joan.