Phone: (307) 634-7723
Fax: (307) 634-0985
Raised in Wheatland, Wyoming, Mr. Larson attended college and played college football at the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota. After graduating college and working for two years, Mr. Larson attended law school in Minnesota for one year before circling the wagons back to Wyoming for his final two years of law school. After graduating law school in 2013, Mr. Larson moved to Cheyenne to serve as law clerk to the Honorable Steven K. Sharpe of the First Judicial District Court of Wyoming. At the end of his two-year term, Mr. Larson served as law clerk to the Honorable Alan B. Johnson of the United States District Court of Wyoming for one year. In 2016, Mr. Larson joined Hathaway & Kunz as an associate.
During law school, Mr. Larson focused on various areas of law including business litigation, business transactional, administrative law, environment and natural resources law, and energy law.
Mr. Larson experienced numerous areas of both state and federal law while serving as a law clerk including guardianship and conservatorship law, probate, personal injury and product liability, business litigation, administrative appellate law, criminal law, family law, trust litigation, estate litigation, public land litigation, workers’ compensation law, contract litigation, and other areas of state and federal law.
Mr. Larson is a published legal writer who focuses on representing his clients through concise, precise, and reasonable written and oral advocacy. He welcomes challenging legal work because even the client with the most difficult legal issue deserves excellent representation. Mr. Larson strives to achieve the best possible outcome for each client in his or her time of need.
Mr. Larson’s growing practice is focused on business and corporate law, civil litigation, personal injury and product liability, environment and natural resources law, energy law, public land law, administrative law, workers’ compensation law, appellate advocacy, government relations, and sports and entertainment law.
Outside of work, Mr. Larson enjoys running, weight training, sports, reading, writing, and most of all, his family.
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law & Corporate Law
- Personal Injury & Product Liability
- Administrative Law & Workers’ Compensation Law
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Law including Public Land Law
- Sports & Entertainment Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Government Relations
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming, 2015-2016
- Law Clerk, First Judicial District, State of Wyoming, 2013-2015
- Extern, Wyoming Supreme Court, 2013
- Seasonal Associate, Sherard, Sherard, Artery & Johnson, Wheatland, Wyoming, 2012-2013
- Seasonal Associate, Lubing & Corrigan, Jackson, Wyoming 2012
- Volunteer Research Assistant, Public Health Law Center, Saint Paul, Minnesota, 2011
Professional Leadership & Community Involvement
- The American Inns of Court
- Member, Tenth Circuit Advisory Committee, 2016-Current
- Member, The Ewing T. Kerr American Inn of Court, Cheyenne, Wyoming, 2013-Current
- Secretary, 2015-2017
- Representative, 2015 Celebration of Excellence, Washington, D.C.
- American Bar Association, 2013-Current
- Member, Section of Litigation
- Member, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- Member, Public Land and Resources Committee
- Vice-Chair of Electronic Communications, 2015-Current
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, 2013-Current
- Natural Resource Law Club, University of Wyoming College of Law, 2011-2013
- President, 2012-2013
- Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Wyoming Law Review
- Senior Staff and Comment Author 2012-2013
- Article Author, 2016
- J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law, Laramie, Wyoming, 2013
- Order of the Coif
- B.S., English, University of Mary, Bismarck, North Dakota, 2008
- Magna Cum Laude
- NAIA/NCAA Division II Football, 2004-2008
- 2007 All-Academic Team, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
- Wide Receiver & Special Teams
- Wyoming State Bar, 2013-Current
- Wyoming Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Article: Warranting Legislative Action: The Search for Wyoming Court Authority to Issue Extraterritorial Search Warrants for Electronically Stored Information, 16 Wyo. L. Rev. 199 (2016)
- Comment: Watt’s Love Got to Do with It: Relocating the Best Interests of Wyoming’s Children in Custodial Parent Relocation Law, 13 Wyo. L. Rev. 95 (2013)